Save to your scrapbook
Sprout and crab galette
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
The subtle, bittersweet edge of sprouts works surprisingly well with the delicate fl avours of crab.
• 270g pack filo pastry
• 50g essential Waitrose unsalted butter, melted and cooled
• 300g essential Waitrose brussels sprouts, trimmed, outer leaves discarded and finely sliced
• 1 lemon, ½ zest and 1 tbsp juice
• 100ml crème fraîche
• 100g Seafood & Eat It Cornish brown crab meat
• 20g dill, roughly chopped
• 100g curd cheese (or ricotta)
• 100g Seafood & Eat It Cornish white crab meat
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C, gas mark 7. Lay 1 sheet of filo in the centre of a large baking sheet (about 40cm x 30cm) and brush with a little butter. Layer the remaining sheets around the first one, partially overlapping it and brushing the centre with more butter as you go.
2. You want to create a large tart case about 35cm x 25cm, so roughly roll up the edges to make a frilly border, and brush with the remaining butter. Prick the centre with a fork and bake on the bottom oven shelf for about 8 minutes, until just golden. Scatter the sprouts into the tart case and bake for 10-12 minutes, until just tender; transfer to a board.
3. Meanwhile, mix the lemon zest and juice into the crème fraîche, season and fold through the brown crab meat and most of the dill. Dot this mixture and the curd cheese (or ricotta) over the tart, then scatter with the white crab meat and remaining dill. Serve with the remaining ½ lemon, cut into wedges, and a salad, if liked.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Jan 21 10:16:00 GMT 2016.