Save to your scrapbook
Squash, kale & goat’s cheese pizza
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: Makes 1 pizza which serves 4
FOR THE DOUGH
250g strong wholemeal bread flour
7g sachet fast action yeast
½ tsp sea salt
½ tbsp golden caster sugar
25ml olive oil
FOR THE TOPPING
1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced
2 tbsp chilli infused olive oil
1 bulb garlic, spilt in half
120g goat’s cheese, diced
20g pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the flour in the bowl of a stand mixer and add the yeast, salt and sugar. Make a well in the centre then pour in 160ml warm water and the oil.
2. Using a dough hook knead the dough for 5 minutes on a low speed until soft, smooth and elastic. Or by hand, knead on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, make the topping. Toss the diced squash in 1 tablespoon of the chilli oil and season, then tip into a roasting tin and add the garlic. Place in the oven to roast for about 30 minutes until soft and caramelised. Remove from the oven, squeeze the garlic out of its skin and add to the butternut, then roughly mash with a fork.
4. Toss the kale leaves in the remaining chilli oil and season. Place them on a non-stick baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes until crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Increase the oven temperature to 220°C, gas mark 7. Place a large, flat baking tray onto the rack in the oven to preheat. Meanwhile, tip the dough out of the bowl onto a lightly floured surface and knock the dough back with your hand. Roll out the dough ball into a 35 cm disc and place onto a large sheet of non-stick baking parchment .
6. Spread the disc with the mashed squash, top with the pieces of goat’s cheese and scatter with pumpkin seeds. Slide onto the preheated sheet to bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes until risen and crisp. Remove from the oven and scatter with the kale. Serve immediately drizzled with a little extra chilli oil.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Apr 30 14:30:00 BST 2015.