Save to your scrapbook
Steamed broccoli & Savoy cabbage with gremolata recipe | Waitrose
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 of your 5 a day
Low in fat
• 2 small Savoy cabbages, halved and cut into wedges
• 2 x 220g packs Tenderstem Broccoli Spears, trimmed
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 25g butter
• 4 shallots, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 50g fresh breadcrumbs
• 4 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• Grated zest 2 lemons
1. Half-fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Place the cabbage wedges into a steamer or colander and put this on top of the pan. Steam with a lid on for about 4 minutes until tender but still retaining a crunch. You may need to do this in batches. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
2. Place the broccoli in the steamer or colander and steam with the lid on for about 3 minutes then transfer to the serving bowl with the cabbage.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the butter and shallots. Cook gently for a few minutes until the shallots start to soften. Stir in the garlic and breadcrumbs and continue to cook until the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon zest. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the cabbage and broccoli and serve immediately.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in October 2015.