Save to your scrapbook
Vichyssoise with dill oil & smoked trout
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 x 20g packs fresh dill
100ml olive oil
50g unsalted butter
2 small leeks, sliced
3 sticks celery, sliced
200ml white wine
2 x 500g packs vegetable stock
500g (peeled weight) potatoes, diced
170ml tub double cream
1 pack Waitrose Kiln Smoked Rainbow Trout Fillets
50g jar Elsinore Salmon Caviar
1. To make the dill oil, blitz the dill with the oil in a small bowl blender.
2. Melt the butter in a deep saucepan, add the leek and celery, and gently cook for 5 minutes with a lid on until softened but without colour.
3. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes to reduce, then add the stock and potatoes, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft and breaking apart.
4. Purée with a stick blender, sieve into a bowl and add the cream. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper and chill in the fridge.
5. To serve, ladle the chilled soup into bowls and top with a few flakes of the smoked trout, some salmon caviar and a generous drizzle of dill oil with extra dill leaves torn over.
Typical values per serving: