Waitrose is committed to providing a web site that is inclusive and available for all user groups including the disabled, the visually impaired and those with motor deficiencies and cognitive disabilities.
We have made sure that, wherever possible, pages comply with the key requirements of the W3C (World-Wide Web Consortium) best practice accessibility guidelines. We are actively working to improve the site so that every page will conform to the AA level of the WCAG 2.0 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
Screen reader compatibility
Some operating systems also have built-in accessibility features that can read text aloud, or magnify parts of the screen. If you have your own screen reading software you should find it works well on waitrose.com. We suggest if your software has a 'forms mode', that you do not turn it on. Waitrose.com should be compatible with recent versions of the following screen readers:
• Window Eyes
Advice on accessibility on external sites
The following external sites are also useful resources when it comes to accessibility in order to find out more about adjusting your settings and help and support.
• BBC My web my way - http://www.bbc.co.uk/accessibility/
• W3C Web Accessibility Initiative - http://www.w3.org/WAI/
• Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 - http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag.php
• Action on Hearing Loss - http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/
• British Deaf Association - http://www.bda.org.uk/
• Royal National Institute for the Blind - http://www.rnib.org.uk/
Getting further assistance
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback regarding the accessibility of this site or if you experience any difficulty using it. Alternatively you can contact us:
Customer Sales and Support
Telephone: 0800 188 884