Save to your scrapbook
Martha Collison's hot chocolate on sticks
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
FOR DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE HOT CHOCOLATE
200g 70% dark chocolate, broken into squares
Topping: 25g fudge chunks
FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD HOT CHOCOLATE
200g white chocolate, broken into squares
4 Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised Biscuits, crushed to a powder
1 tsp ground ginger
FOR MILK CHOCOLATE, MARSHMALLOW AND SEA SALT HOT CHOCOLATE
200g milk chocolate, broken into squares
Topping: pinch of sea salt flakes and 30g mini marshmallows
YOU’LL ALSO NEED
12 lolly sticks, bamboo skewers or spoons
Disposable piping bags
Ice cube or mini-muffin trays
1. Choose a flavour combination. Place the chocolate of your choice in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (making sure the bowl isn’t touching the water). Gently stir the chocolate with a spatula until completely melted and smooth, then remove from the heat.
2. If making the white chocolate gingerbread option, stir in three-quarters of the crushed Lotus biscuits (keep the rest for the topping) and the ground ginger. Spoon the melted chocolate mix into a piping bag and divide between 12 holes of an ice cube tray or mini-muffin tin, right to the top.
3. Sprinkle any topping ingredients onto the top of each block, then leave at room temperature for 30 minutes until partially set. When the chocolate is almost set, stick a lolly stick, skewer or spoon into each one. It should stay upright, but if the sticks start to lean, prop the tray up against a wall or a tall container.
4. Allow to set completely at room temperature (around 2 hours), then use a knife to loosen the blocks and remove them from the tray. Wrap in cellophane and attach a label with the instructions below.
5. To finish: heat 250ml whole milk in a small saucepan until steaming, then pour into a small mug. Add the hot chocolate stick and stir until the chocolate has completely melted into the milk and enjoy!
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Dec 07 12:11:00 GMT 2017.