Save to your scrapbook
Piri piri chicken and cannellini bean salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
A great make-ahead lunchbox option. Flattening the chicken breasts makes it easier to cook them evenly.
• 2 chicken breast fillets
• 1 tbsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients piri piri rub
• 3 tsp olive oil
• 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 0.5cm strips
• 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 10 baby plum tomatoes, quartered
• 1 lime, juiced
• large handful baby spinach leaves
• 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 1 small avocado, sliced
1. Put the chicken in a resealable food bag with the piri piri rub and 1 tsp oil. Mix everything together, making sure the chicken is coated, then lay flat and use a rolling pin to bash the chicken into escalopes of an even thickness; set asi, with extde for 10 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the pepper for 5 minutes. Add the beans, season and warm through, then mix with the tomatoes and transfer to a bowl. Add another ½ tsp oil to the pan and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through; set aside.
3. Mix the lime juice with the remaining ½ tsp oil and a pinch of salt; toss with the pepper and bean mix, spinach and most of the coriander. Divide between plates and top with the avocado. Slice the chicken and scatter over the salad, sprinkle with the remaining coriander and servera lime wedges, if liked.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Jan 21 09:35:00 GMT 2016.