Save to your scrapbook
Ginger & honey biscuits with chocolate & honey dip
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
150g softened butter
20g icing sugar
40g light brown sugar
3 tsp clear honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
20g chopped stem ginger in syrup
1 medium Waitrose Columbian Blacktail Hens egg
200g plain flour
50g ground almonds
1 tsp ground ginger
For the dip:
100ml whipping cream
100g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp clear honey
1. Place the butter and sugars in a large bowl and cream together with an electric whisk until pale then beat in the honey with the vanilla, orange zest and chopped stem ginger.
2. Add the egg, and when combined, sieve in the flour, add the ground almonds and ground ginger and mix until it forms a smooth soft dough. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge until firm or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4 and line 2 or 3 baking trays with baking parchment.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and using a 5cm round pastry-cutter cut out 40 circles. Transfer them onto the baking trays. Bake in the preheated oven for 8–10 minutes until the edges are golden and still soft in the centre. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring onto a rack to cool completely.
5. (Optional) To make the dip: place the whipping cream into a small sauce pan and bring to the boil. Add in the chocolate and honey and whisk until it becomes smooth and glossy. Serve with the ginger and honey biscuits
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in October 2012.