Save to your scrapbook
Heston's Negroni with a prosecco foam
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
For the orange and prosecco foam
For the Negroni
To make the orange and prosecco foam
1. Place the 300g orange juice in a saucepan and place the pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil. In the meantime mix the fructose and pectin together in a small bow, then add to the orange juice in the pan. Whisk continuously while the liquid comes back to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
2. When cold, add the orange zest and allow to infuse for 2 hours.
3. Strain the syrup and mix with the fresh orange juice, the egg whites and prosecco. Blitz the mixture with a hand blender for approximately 10 seconds, then pour into a cream whipper charged with two n2o charges. Place the whipper in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
To make the Negroni
1. Mix the alcohols together in a big jug.
2. Fill six tumblers with ice cubes and divide the alcohol between the glasses. Top up each glass with approximately 30g of Soda water.
3. Using the cream whipper, dispense a layer of foam on top of the drink.
Copyright Heston Blumenthal 2013