Save to your scrapbook
Pecan & bourbon tart
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
375g pack sweet shortcrust pastry
4 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
40g golden syrup (about 1½ tbsp)
30g maple syrup (about 1½ tbsp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp bourbon
50g butter, melted
100g dark brown muscovado sugar
1. Roll the pastry out and use to line a 23cm tart tin. Then line the pastry with baking parchment and fill with baking beans or uncooked rice then chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, gas mark 5. Bake the pastry for 20-25 minutes, then remove from the oven and take out the baking beans and parchment. If the case still feels a little wet you can return it to the oven for another 5-10 minutes without the parchment. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
3. Briefly whizz two-thirds of the pecans in a food processor until roughly chopped.
4. Reduce the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Mix the eggs, golden and maple syrups, vanilla, bourbon, butter, sugar and the chopped pecans together and pour into the pastry case.
5. Arrange the reserved pecans over the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set. Allow to cool and serve in wedges, with a dollop of cream and a drizzle of maple syrup, if you wish.
Typical values per serving:
per serving. Vegetarian
This recipe was first published in October 2013.