Course Terms and conditions
By booking a course with Waitrose Cookery School, you agree to accept these terms and conditions:
We will provide the ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons for all courses. In addition, you will receive a folder that includes the recipes used during the class to take home with you at the end of the course
- Waitrose Cookery School agrees to provide the cookery classes with reasonable care and skill
- You are responsible for ensuring that the details you submit on the booking form are correct and up to date. In particular, you must inform us of any food allergies or dietary requirements. You must notify us of any changes to your details
- You must be at least 16 years old to attend one of our classes. By submitting a booking form you warrant that at the time of the cookery class you will be 16 years old or over. Waitrose Cookery School reserves the right to require proof of age at the commencement of your cookery class, and to refuse attendance if you do not have proof of age
- Whilst we will endeavour to provide the cookery classes in accordance with our promotional materials, we reserve the right to make variations to the dishes
- Courses may include alcoholic beverages. Waitrose Cookery School reserves the right to ask for proof of age before serving alcohol. If proof of age is not available, no alcohol will be served, but a selection of soft drinks may be. We observe the Challenge 25 policy; see www.challenge25.org for more information.
Health & Safety
All participants should wear shoes with flat soles and covered toes. We are not liable for any damage which occurs to clothing. Long hair must be tied back in the kitchen. All participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the course as well as a printed handout to take with you.
You agree to:
a) adhere to the health and safety requirements set out in the handout;
b) obey any instructions given to you by your tutor;
c) maintain a reasonable standard of cleanliness; and
d) maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour
Please be aware that the Salisbury and King's Cross schools use induction hobs, which may interfere with pacemakers.
Waitrose Cookery School will not be responsible for, or have any liability to you for:
a) accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending the course;
b) any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts; or
c) any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence.
This does not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude our liability.
Payment must have been made to Red Letter Day at the time the voucher is purchased by you from Red Letter Day in accordance with your agreement with Red Letter Day.
At the time you book a course with Waitrose Cookery School you will provide your unique booking reference provided from Red Letter Day to confirm the booking.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations by us
If we cancel the course for any reason we will seek to organise an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible, or you are unable to attend an alternative date, we will refund the full purchase price.
Cancellations by you
Cancellation by you with prior notice of 2 working days or less from the course date will mean that the course will still be charged at the full fee and no replacement course will be offered.
Cancellations by you with prior notice of 7 working days or less (but more than 2 working days) from the course date will mean that the course can be transferred to another Waitrose Cookery School course nominated by you (subject to availability), but that no refund will be offered.
Cancellations by you with prior notice of more than 7 working days from the course date can be transferred to another Waitrose Cookery School course nominated by you (subject to availability). We are under no obligation to refund monies paid by you to the supplier of your Waitrose Cookery School voucher if you elect not to participate in an alternative course. Any rights you have to a refund shall be subject to your contract with the supplier who sold you the relevant voucher.
You must provide the Red Letter Day booking reference when requesting a cancellation; we reserve the right not to process any cancellations where you are unable to provide this information.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights
- Your booking is non-transferable
- The contract between you and Waitrose Cookery School is governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales