· By booking a course with Waitrose Cookery School, you agree to accept these terms and conditions.
· What’s Included
We will provide the ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons for all courses. In addition, you will receive a folder that includes the recipes used during the class to take home with you at the end of the course.
· Waitrose Cookery School agrees to provide the cookery classes with reasonable care and skill.
· You are responsible for ensuring that the details you submit on the booking form are correct and up to date. In particular, you must inform us of any food allergies or dietary requirements. You must notify us of any changes to your details.
· You must be at least 16 years old to attend one of our classes. By submitting a booking form you warrant that at the time of the cookery class you will be 16 years old or over. Waitrose Cookery School reserves the right to require proof of age at the commencement of your cookery class, and to refuse attendance if you do not have proof of age.
· Whilst we will endeavour to provide the cookery classes in accordance with our promotional materials, we reserve the right to make variations to the dishes.
· Courses may include alcoholic beverages. Waitrose Cookery School reserves the right to ask for proof of age before serving alcohol. If proof of age is not available, no alcohol will be served, but a selection of soft drinks may be. We observe the Challenge 25 policy; see www.challenge25.org for more information.
· Health & Safety
All participants should wear shoes with flat soles and covered toes. We are not liable for any damage which occurs to clothing. Long hair must be tied back in the kitchen. All participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the course as well as a printed handout to take with you.
You agree to:
a) adhere to the health and safety requirements set out in the handout;
b) obey any instructions given to you by your tutor;
c) maintain a reasonable standard of cleanliness; and
d) maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour.
Waitrose Cookery School will not be responsible for, or have any liability to you for:
a) accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending the course;
b) any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts; or
c) any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence.
This does not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude our liability.
Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. All fees quoted are inclusive of VAT.
· Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations by us
If we cancel the course for any reason we will seek to organise an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible, or you are unable to attend an alternative date, we will refund the full purchase price.
Cancellations by you
Cancellation by you with prior notice of 2 working days or less from the course date will mean that the course will still be charged at the full fee.
Cancelations by you with prior notice of 7 working days or less (but more than 2 working days) from the course date will mean that the course will be transferred to another Waitrose Cookery School course nominated by you (subject to availability), but that no refund will be offered.
Cancellations by you with prior notice of more than 7 working days from the course date will mean that you will be fully refunded the fee paid.
You must provide the worldpay transaction ID (provided to you when the course was initially booked) when requesting a cancellation; we reserve the right not to process any cancellations where you are unable to provide this information.
· Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
· Your booking is non-transferable.
· The contract between you and Waitrose Cookery School is governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Gift Certificate terms & conditions
1. This Waitrose Cookery School Certificate may be redeemed against any Waitrose Cookery School course(s) booked by phone on 020 7372 6108 or online at the Waitrose Cookery School before the expiry date quoted on the Certificate. Waitrose Cookery School courses booked using this Certificate will be subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the standard Waitrose Cookery School terms and conditions, which are available on the website of Waitrose Cookery School.
2. Attendees of Waitrose Cookery School courses must be at least 16 years old.
3. Certificate may only used once.
4. Certificate is redeemed (a) by expressly quoting the Certificate number if a Waitrose Cookery School Course is booked by telephone or in person (if Waitrose Cookery School, in its absolute discretion, agree to accept such bookings in person), or (b) by filling in the appropriate box of the online booking form if a booking is made online.
5. If the course(s) booked total less than the value of the Certificate, any balance will usually be refunded in Waitrose Cookery School Certificates, which will be subject to these terms and conditions.
6. Certificate may not be used for any other goods or services. Certificate may not be exchanged for cash.
7. Cannot be used in conjunction with Partnership discount or any other offer.
8. If you no longer want the Certificate, then the Certificate may be refunded on any day up to but excluding the fourteenth day after the day on which Certificate was purchased. Refunds will only be credited to the purchaser of the Certificate and, if purchased by card, only to the card on which the purchase was originally made.
Waitrose Limited, Registered Address: 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN