Save to your scrapbook
Panna cotta with rhubarb & ginger crumb
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
200g rhubarb, cut into 3cm pieces
30g golden caster sugar
1 piece stem ginger, finely chopped + 3 tbsp of the ginger syrup
2 leaves gelatine
1 vanilla pod
75ml semi-skimmed milk
227g tub clotted cream
3 ginger nut biscuits, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the rhubarb in a baking tray and scatter over the sugar, diced ginger and 2 tbsp of the ginger syrup. Cover with foil and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes until tender but still holding its shape.
2. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
3. Scrape the vanilla seeds into a small saucepan, add the milk and remaining ginger syrup and warm.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the squeezed gelatine leaves.
5. Stir until dissolved, before stirring in the clotted cream until smooth – this will take a few minutes. Pass through a sieve into a jug before pouring into 2 glasses. Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour. Serve the panna cotta topped with the rhubarb and the biscuit crumbs.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Feb 11 09:33:00 GMT 2016.