Save to your scrapbook
Pork and Stilton burgers
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
‘This is a great homemade barbecue dish, perfect for enjoying while watching the cricket. We sometimes make these burgers for the players as a treat after a T20 game. Cropwell Bishop Stilton comes from just down the road in Leicestershire – we try to use local ingredients whenever possible.’
Trevor Alexander, Head Chef, Trent Bridge
500g British pork mince
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
75g Waitrose Cropwell Bishop Blue Stilton, crumbled
1 tsp dried sage
4 essential Waitrose White Sesame Seed Burger Buns
4 Romaine lettuce leaves
2 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
2 Waitrose Pickled Gherkins, sliced
1. Place the pork mince in a large bowl. Add the onion, mustard, Stilton and sage and mix well together. Shape firmly into four even-sized burgers.
2. Place the burgers in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest before cooking.
3. Preheat a ridged griddle pan or frying pan and cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned and completely cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, split the buns in half and toast the cut sides.
5. Serve the burgers with the lettuce leaves in the toasted burger buns, garnished with tomato and gherkin.
Typical values per serving:
4.4g fibre, 36.4g protein
This recipe was first published in Tue May 13 15:18:00 BST 2014.