Save to your scrapbook
Spinach and mushroom roulade
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This meat free, savoury roulade is perfect for an easy starter or main course.
2 red peppers, quartered
200g pack Waitrose Pome dei Moro Tomatoes
2 tbsp garlic infused oil
5 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, separated
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp plain flour
200g pack essential Waitrose Reduced Fat Soft Cheese with Garlic and Herbs
1 tbsp olive oil
300g pack chestnut mushrooms
150g pack shitake mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
25g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a 23x32cm tin with baking parchment.
2. Cook the spinach for 3-4 minutes according to the pack instructions until wilted, cool slightly then squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible.
3. Meanwhile, place the peppers, tomatoes and garlic oil on a baking tray, season and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Place the spinach, egg yolks, nutmeg, flour and 1 tbsp of the soft cheese in a food processor and blitz until smooth, then season. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold in the spinach mixture. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes, above the peppers.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Slice the mushrooms and fry with the garlic for 4 minutes, add the remaining soft cheese and cook for 1 minute.
6. Place a large sheet of parchment on the surface and sprinkle over the Parmigiano Reggiano. Upturn the roulade onto the paper, spread over the mushroom mixture and roll up.
7. Purée the pepper mixture in a food processor, season and serve with the roulade.
Typical values per serving:
3.6g fibre/16.1g protein/101mg vitamin C per serving for 6
This recipe was first published in June 2014.