Save to your scrapbook
Tennesse steak & blue cheese salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
300g essential Waitrose British Beef Sirloin Steak or Hereford Beef Sirloin Steak
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
50g Waitrose Cave Aged Roquefort AOP
3 tbsp essential Waitrose Half Fat Soured Cream
100g Waitrose Trimmed Fine Green Beans
4 thick slices Waitrose Mixed Olive Ciabatta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 sweet Dolce Verde Romaine Lettuce, roughly torn
2 tbsp snipped chives
1. Place the steak in a shallow dish and rub in the crushed garlic. Pour over the Jack Daniel’s whiskey and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, roughly mash the Roquefort then stir in the soured cream. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
3. Cook the beans in a pan of boiling water, then drain and cool.
4. Lightly brush the bread with oil. Lift the steak out of the marinade, shaking off any excess. Cook the bread and steak over hot coals or in a griddle pan for 2–3 minutes on each side (the bread may be a bit quicker) until both are nicely browned and the steak is still a little pink in the centre.
5. Place the lettuce and green beans in a large serving bowl. Tear the toasted bread into pieces and add to the bowl. Slice or cube the steak and add to the salad. Spoon over the blue cheese dressing, sprinkle with chives and serve.
For a more intense flavour, the steak can be marinated covered in the fridge for a couple of hours, or overnight if you have time.
A long drink made from a shot of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, your favourite mixer and ice goes perfectly with this recipe.
Typical values per serving:
Serve this dish with Waitrose Amontillado Medium Dry Sherry. See the selection of spirits and liquers Waitrose has to offer. (opens in a new window).