Waitrose Cricket Cook Off – Trent Bridge: Pork & Stilton burgers
The Waitrose Cricket Cook Off will crown a winner from ten rival chefs from cricket grounds around the country, voted for by our customers. Trevor Alexander - Head Chef at Trent Bridge, in Nottingham - shows you how to make his entry, Pork & Stilton burgers. This is a great homemade barbecue dish, perfect for enjoying while watching the cricket and the Cropwell Bishop Stilton comes from just down the road from the grounds. The players sometimes have these as a treat following a T20 game.
Recipe - Serves: 4
500g British pork mince
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
75g Waitrose Cropwell Bishop Blue Stilton, crumbled
1 tsp dried sage
4 essential Waitrose White Sesame Seed Burger Buns
4 Romaine lettuce leaves
2 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
2 Waitrose Pickled Gherkins, sliced
1. Place the pork mince in a large bowl. Add the onion, mustard, Stilton and sage and mix well together. Shape firmly into four even-sized burgers.
2. Place the burgers in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest before cooking.
3. Preheat a ridged griddle pan or frying pan and cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned and completely cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, split the buns in half and toast the cut sides.
5. Serve the burgers with the lettuce leaves in the toasted burger buns, garnished with tomato and gherkin.
Typical values per serving:
4.4g fibre, 36.4g protein