Rich Harris makes this French-inspired favourite.
Recipe - Serves: 5
- 2 sticks of essential Waitrose celery, roughly chopped
- 3 essential Waitrose courgettes, cut into 2cm rounds
- 2 aubergines, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 essential Waitrose yellow and orange peppers, cut into thick strips
- 6 essential Waitrose tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 25g pack fresh basil, torn
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 essential Waitrose onions, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic, celery, courgettes, aubergine and peppers. Cover and cook gently for 35 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the tomatoes and season. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender. Stir in the basil just before serving.
Typical values per serving: