Save to your scrapbook
LOVE life Crunchy buttermilk chicken
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
100g Cooks’ Ingredients breadcrumbs
Zest of 1 lemon
Pinch dried chilli flakes
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
2 tbsp finely grated parmigiano reggiano
Olive oil spray
2 courgettes, thickly sliced
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
200g cherry tomatoes, on the vine
1. Place the chicken breasts into a large shallow bowl. Pour over the buttermilk and leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight if time allows.
2. Preheat the grill to medium high. In a large shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, chilli flakes, 1 tbsp oregano and the parmigiano reggiano. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shake off the excess and then coat in the crumbs.
3. Spray the chicken with a little olive oil and place on a baking tray. Grill for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through, turning halfway through.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Place the courgettes in a shallow ovenproof dish, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and scatter with the remaining oregano. Spray with a little olive oil, then bake for 10 minutes. Top with the cherry tomatoes and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the courgettes are just tender and the tomatoes have softened.
5. Serve the chicken with the tomatoes and courgettes.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in February 2013.