LOVE life Olive & sundried tomato scones
Silvana Franco shows you how to make Mediterranean inspired Olive & sundried tomato scones.
Recipe - Makes: 10
350g self-raising flour, plus extra for rolling
1 tsp baking powder
75g essential Waitrose Olive Spread
6 Cooks’ Ingredients Sundried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
20g black pitted olives, roughly chopped
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
150g Total 0% Fat Yogurt
6 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
2 tsp essential Waitrose Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Place the flour, baking powder and olive spread in a food processor and whizz until blended.
2. Add the sundried tomatoes, olives and rosemary, and pulse again until well mixed.
3. Tip the mixture into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the yogurt and 4 tbsp of the milk. Using a table knife, bring the mixture together to make a fairly soft dough.
4. On a floured surface, shape the dough into a ball then press out to a thickness of about 2cm. Using a 6cm cutter, stamp out rounds, re-using the trimmings to make 10 scones.
5. Place on a non-stick baking sheet, brush the tops with the remaining milk and scatter with the cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Typical values per serving: