Save to your scrapbook
Autumn chopped salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 2 pitta breads
• 1 lemon, juice
• 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1⁄4 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tbsp sumac (optional)
• 40ml olive oil
• 175g Greek yogurt
• 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
• 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
• 1 cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
• 200g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
• 200g red grapes, halved
• 4 figs, roughly chopped
• 1⁄4 x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
• 1⁄4 x 25g pack mint, leaves only, roughly chopped
1. Toast the pitta breads, then split in half and toast again so the bread is crisp and dry. Leave to cool, then break into small bitesized pieces.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix 1⁄2 the lemon juice with the cinnamon, cumin, sumac (if using) and oil; season. In another small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, garlic and remaining lemon juice; season with salt.
3. In a serving bowl or on a platter, mix together all the salad ingredients, then add the toasted, torn pitta and finally the dressing, mixing well to serve. Bring the seasoned yogurt to the table in its bowl to spoon over the salad.
Typical values per serving: