Save to your scrapbook
Griddled turkey and avocado salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Yes, you can cook avocado! Griddling the flesh for just a minute gives it a lovely smoky flavour.
• 600g sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
• 1 sweetcorn on the cob
• bunch salad onions, trimmed and halved
• 5 tbsp Greek yogurt
• 1 lime
• 1 tsp Tabasco, plus more to taste
• 1 firm but ripe avocado, cut into 1cm slices
• 440g quick cook turkey breast steaks
• 130g bag watercress, rocket and spinach salad
• 1 jalapeno chilli, finely sliced
• 2 LoveLife seeded tortilla wraps, griddled
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. On a large baking tray, toss the sweet potato wedges with 1 tbsp oil; season and spread out. Sprinkle with the paprika and roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway.
2. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Put the remaining oil in a bowl. Rub a little oil over the sweetcorn, season and griddle for 15-18 minutes, until charred all over. Coat the salad onions in a little more of the oil and griddle around the corn for 3-4 minutes, until charred. Slice the corn kernels off the cob, then set aside with the salad onions.
3. Mix the yogurt with the zest and juice of ½ lime, Tabasco and 1 tbsp water; season. Griddle the avocado slices for a minute on each side, turning carefully; set aside and squeeze over the remaining lime juice. Put the turkey in the bowl with the remaining oil. Season and griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side, then slice into strips.
4. To build the salad, put the leaves on a large platter. Top with the sweet potato wedges, salad onions, sweetcorn, avocado, turkey and chilli. Drizzle over the dressing and serve with the tortillas, cut into wedges.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in May 2016.