Save to your scrapbook
Banana date loaf
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: 12 slices
85g essential Waitrose olive spread
125g light muscovado sugar
1 free-range Columbian Blacktail egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 very ripe bananas (peeled weight about 350-400g)
50g Waitrose pitted medjool dates, chopped
225g self-raising flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 and line a 900g non-stick loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Using an electric hand whisk, beat together the olive spread and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl mash the bananas, then stir into the liquid mixture with the chopped dates.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and fold into the banana mixture. Spoon into the loaf tin and level the surface.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, covering with foil if the top is turning too brown. The loaf is ready when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave the bread to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in January 2013.
Average user rating