Save to your scrapbook
Beet falafel with tahini & garlic dressing
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
150g raw beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
50g gram flour
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sumac, plus extra to serve
50g sesame seeds
To cook and serve
2 red onions, finely sliced
150g pack mixed radishes, finely sliced
1 lemon, juiced
50g Cooks’ Ingredients Tahini
1 tsp clear honey
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tbsp olive oil
300g pack 4 Crosta & Mollica Piadina Linseed & Poppyseed Flatbreads, warmed, to serve
1 red chicory, leaves separated
1. Place the beetroot, chickpeas, garlic, gram flour, cumin, salt and sumac in a blender and blitz to a rough paste. Using wet hands, roll into 16 walnut sized balls and dip in the sesame seeds, flattening each into a patty.
2. To freeze at this point, place on a tray (that will fit in the freezer) lined with parchment, cover and freeze for 2 hours before removing to a labelled food bag to store in the freezer (for up to 1 month).
3. To cook, steep the onions and radishes in lemon juice for 10 minutes. Stir the tahini with honey and garlic, season and loosen with 2-3 tbsp water until the consistency of single cream.
4. Preheat the oven to a low heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a frying pan and gently fry half the falafel from frozen for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently until crisp on each side. Cook until piping hot throughout. Remove and keep warm in the oven while the rest cook.
5. Serve with the red onions and radishes, toasted flatbreads, tahini sauce, red chicory and more sumac. Do not reheat again once cooled.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Tue Nov 24 12:08:00 GMT 2020.
Average user rating