Save to your scrapbook
Bombay-style roast potatoes
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1kg maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, diced
1 pack Cooks’ Ingredients Curry Leaves (or 2 tbsp dried curry leaves)
1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chaat Masala
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6 and put in a large roasting tin to heat up.
2. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and parboil the potatoes for 5 minutes, then drain in a colander and leave to steam for 5–10 minutes to lose some moisture. Meanwhile, put 1 tbsp sunflower oil in the hot roasting tin and return to the oven.
3. Remove the tin from the oven, tip in the potatoes and turn them over carefully until evenly coated. Season well. Make sure they have plenty of space to brown properly. Return to the oven and roast for 40-45 minutes until crisp and golden.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining sunflower oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft and sweet, about 4-5 minutes. Add the curry leaves, chilli and 1 tsp chaat masala. Stir through and remove from the heat.
5. Toss the roasted potatoes with the onion mixture. Sprinkle over the remaining chaat masala to serve.
This recipe was first published in Thu Aug 22 12:29:21 BST 2019.
Average user rating