Save to your scrapbook
Bourbon cinnamon-spiced hot chocolate sticks
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
For the dark chocolate
200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp bourbon or dark rum (optional)
1 tsp clear honey
Ground cinnamon, to sprinkle
For the white chocolate
200g white chocolate, broken into pieces
80g white mini marshmallows
Christmas sprinkles, to decorate
You will also need
8 disposable plastic water cups
8 disposable wooden spoons or ice lolly sticks
Cellophane bags, ribbon and gift tags, to wrap
1. Put the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water – make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Simmer very gently until the chocolate has melted, then remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Place a second heatproof bowl over the boiling water, this time containing the vanilla extract, bourbon (or rum) and honey. When the honey has melted and the mixture is warm to the touch, remove from the heat and gradually stir it into the melted dark chocolate. Be careful not to over-stir the mixture or the chocolate could seize.
3. As soon as mixture is combined, act quickly and divide it between the 8 cups. Push a wooden spoon or ice lolly stick into each one. Chill for 1 hour or until solid. Once the chocolate has set, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over each.
4. Melt the white chocolate in the same way as before. Acting quickly, spoon the chocolate over the cinnamon and dark chocolate layer, then press the marshmallows into the top. Scatter over a pinch of Christmas sprinkles, then chill for 1 hour or until solid.
5. Using scissors, cut the plastic cups away from the chocolate. Wrap each one in a cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon.
Typical values per serving:
per stick (with 250ml whole milk)
This recipe was first published in Tue Nov 24 11:56:29 GMT 2020.
Average user rating