Save to your scrapbook
Broccoli & Stilton soufflés
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
50g butter, plus extra for greasing
3 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Breadcrumbs
300g broccoli crown, cut into florets
60g plain flour
300ml semi-skimmed milk, warmed
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
100g Waitrose Long Clawson Creamy Blue Stilton
4 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, separate
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Grease 6 large (250ml) ramekins with butter then sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and roll around until the base and side are evenly coated.
2. Cook the broccoli in a large pan of boiling water for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well.
3. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan until melted then stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Beat in the milk (don’t worry if it’s a little lumpy), bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat.
4. Add the broccoli to the pan then, using a handheld blender, purée the mixture until smooth. Beat in the nutmeg, cheese and egg yolks.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff then gently fold into the broccoli mixture. Spoon into the ramekins and bake for 15–20 minutes until risen and golden. Serve swiftly.
These can be made in advance and chilled. Turn out of the ramekins onto a baking sheet and reheat until puffed up and piping hot.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Fri Nov 22 09:41:00 GMT 2013.