Save to your scrapbook
Burgundy braised beef pie with chilli broccoli
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
FOR THE CHILLI OIL
15g chilli flakes
5g chilli powder
1 Cooks’ Ingredients Ancho Chilli, roughly chopped
200ml extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE PIES
2 x 250g Heston from Waitrose Burgundy Braised Beef Pies
FOR THE BROCCOLI
1 clove garlic
1 fresh red chilli
125g pack Tenderstem broccoli tips
1 tbsp chilli oil (see above), or to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Combine all the chilli oil ingredients in a pan, and heat to 95°C. Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 20 minutes, then strain and leave at room temperature. Keep 1 tablespoon of the oil to one side and use the rest in another recipe.
2. Cook the pies according to pack instructions.
3. For the broccoli, thinly slice the garlic and the fresh red chilli. Cut each broccoli stem in half at an angle to give a greater surface area for quicker cooking.
4. Heat up a frying pan and add half of the chilli oil. Cook the broccoli, allowing it to char, until almost tender. Add the garlic and fresh chilli, and cook for a further 20-30 seconds.
5. Place the broccoli, garlic and chilli in a bowl, and toss with the remaining chilli oil, plus some sea salt, to taste. Serve immediately.
Typical values per serving: