Save to your scrapbook
Chocolate clementine Bundt cake
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
by Martha Collison
Butter, softened, for greasing
75g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
200g caster sugar
150g light brown soft sugar
250g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
125g vegetable oil
2 British Blacktail Medium Free Range Eggs
150ml clementine or orange juice
2 clementines, or easy peelers, finely grated zest
Candied clementine, to decorate (optional – see tip below)
For the ganache
100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
125ml double cream
1 tsp golden syrup
1 tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC, gas mark 3. Grease a large Bundt tin well with soft butter, getting into every crevice, then refrigerate. Repeat the process, dusting evenly with cocoa powder this time, then return the tin to the fridge.
2. Combine the sugars, flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a large bowl. In a large jug, whisk together the oil, milk, eggs and clementine or orange juice and zest until smooth.
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the wet mixture, whisking all the time. Mix until smooth, then pour into the prepared tin.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cake is springy to touch and a skewer inserted into it comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then carefully invert onto a serving plate and lift off the tin. It’s important to do this whilst the cake is still warm or it may become stuck. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack over a baking tray.
5. For the ganache, put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl or jug. Put the cream, golden syrup and orange liqueur (if using) in a small saucepan and heat until steaming. Pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the cake, then top with the candied clementines (if using). This will keep for up to 4 days in a sealed container. Refresh slices in the microwave on low to keep them moist.
This recipe was first published in Fri Nov 13 09:45:00 GMT 2020.
Average user rating