Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
500g squid, from the fish counter
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp oregano, plus extra leaves to garnish
225g chorizo picante sausage, skinned and roughly sliced
2 red Romano peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
450g pack Waitrose Classic Vine Tomatoes, skinned and quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Pull out the tentacles from inside the squid. Rinse the squid and pat dry on kitchen paper. (If you prefer, you can cook the trimmed tentacles along with the squid.)
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion for about 5 minutes until softened. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic and oregano. Lightly blend in a food processor with the chorizo to make a coarse paste.
3. Scatter the peppers and tomatoes into a large roasting tin and drizzle with a further 2 tbsp oil. Roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring once or twice, until soft and beginning to brown.
4. Meanwhile, using a small teaspoon or your finger, pack the chorizo mixture into the squid. Make several cuts across one side of each squid with a sharp knife. Arrange over the tomatoes and peppers with the scored sides facing up. Brush the squid with the remaining oil and season lightly.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes until the squid is white and the chorizo juices are running. Scatter with oregano leaves and serve on warm slices of plain or olive ciabatta.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating