Save to your scrapbook
Full time chowder
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
A remake of a classic - this chowder has lots of tasty additions to make a really filling full time meal.
This is a Full Time: Get Cooking with Marcus and Tom recipe. Premier League footballer Marcus Rashford and chef Tom Kerridge have created the campaign as part of #EndChildFoodPoverty to get families across the country cooking nutritious, low-cost meals.
2 medium potatoes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tin of cream of mushroom soup
1 mug of water
1 reduced salt vegetable stock cube
1 small tin of sweetcorn
1⁄2 mug macaroni pasta
4 slices of wafer-thin ham
1. Peel and roughly chop the onion, then peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Once hot, add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to turn golden brown. Next, add the potatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the tin of soup to the pan, along with 1 mug of water, and then crumble in the stock cube. Drain the tin of sweetcorn and then add this to the pan too. Give everything a good stir and bring it to the boil.
4. Add the pasta to the pan and reduce the heat so it’s bubbling gently at a simmer for 12-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened a little.
5. Roughly cut up the ham and then add this to the pan to warm through. Sprinkle over a bit of pepper, if you like, and spoon into bowls to serve.
This recipe was first published in Sun Nov 14 11:19:11 GMT 2021.