Save to your scrapbook
Creamy chicken pie
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This is a total cheat of a pie - it’s super easy and it tastes great.
This is a Full Time: Get Cooking with Marcus and Tom recipe. Premier League footballer Marcus Rashford and chef Tom Kerridge have created the campaign as part of #EndChildFoodPoverty to get families across the country cooking nutritious, low-cost meals.
500g frozen cooked sliced chicken (defrosted)
1 ½ mugs of frozen vegetables
A couple of handfuls of mushrooms
1 tin of cream of chicken soup
Salt and pepper
For the mash:
4 large potatoes
4 tbsp milk
1 chicken stock cube (optional)
1. Pop the oven on at 200°C fan.
2. Starting with the mash, peel and chop the potatoes into chunks and add them to a saucepan. Cover with water from the tap and bring this to the boil over a high heat. Then reduce the heat so that it’s bubbling very gently at a simmer, and cook for 10-12 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Tip the defrosted chicken into a shallow ovenproof dish, then add the frozen vegetables. Chop the mushrooms in half and add these too. Next, pour over the tin of soup, stir it all together and add a bit of salt and pepper. Leave this aside while you finish off the potatoes.
4. Drain the potatoes and crush them with a fork or masher. Stir the milk into the mash and add a bit of salt and pepper, then spoon this evenly on top of the chicken filling. If you like, crumble a chicken stock cube over the top to give an extra boost of flavour!
5. Cook in the hot oven for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown. Let it stand for 5 minutes before spooning onto plates - and dig in!
This recipe was first published in Mon May 03 14:59:09 BST 2021.
Average user rating