Save to your scrapbook
Creamy risotto with wild mushrooms and pancetta
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
45g Cooks’ Ingredients Porcini Mushrooms
70g Cooks’ Ingredients Sliced Pancetta
25g unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chopped Garlic
500g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Carnaroli Risotto Rice
150ml red wine
1½ litres hot vegetable or chicken stock
25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
60g Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
1. Pour 300ml boiling water over the mushrooms and leave to soak for 20 minutes. Strain, reserving the liquid. Roughly chop the mushrooms and the pancetta, reserving 4 slices.
2. In a large pan, melt the butter with the oil, then stir in the onion, garlic and chopped pancetta and cook for 3-4 minutes until the pancetta is golden. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Pour in the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed, then stir in the mushroom liquid and cook until this has been absorbed. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Add the hot stock, 125ml at a time, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Cook until the rice is tender but firm to the bite.
4. Preheat the grill to high. Place the remaining pancetta slices under the grill and cook for 4 minutes until crispy, then break into large pieces. Stir the parsley and Parmigiano Reggiano into the risotto.
5. To serve, spoon into bowls and top with the grilled pancetta. If desired, drizzle with a little Cooks’ Ingredients Truffle Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and top with rocket leaves.
Typical values per serving:
3g fibre 14.1g protein
This recipe was first published in April 2014.