Save to your scrapbook
Deep-fried sprouts with goats cheese & chilli recipe | Waitrose
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
400g brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 lemon, juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tbsp clear honey
1-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ red chilli, finely sliced (plus extra to taste, if liked)
vegetable oil, for frying
2 echalion shallots, finely sliced
150g soft goats’ cheese
1. Make sure the sprouts are dry and at room temperature. Peel the outer leaves off the sprouts and set aside the hearts and leaves separately.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, garlic and honey. Season, then gradually whisk in the olive oil to taste. Stir in the chilli and put to one side.
3. Heat a deep-fat fryer, or 2-3cm vegetable oil in a deep pan, to 170˚C (a cube of bread will sizzle and rise quickly to the surface). Add ½ the sprout hearts and cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining hearts. Sprinkle with salt and leave to rest.
4. Throw the sprout leaves and sliced shallots into the oil and cook for another minute or so, until just starting to brown. Scoop out and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Toss the sprouts and shallots with ½ the dressing. Spoon onto plates and top with the goats’ cheese and remaining dressing. Serve while still warm. LH
This recipe first appeared in the Harvest section of Waitrose Food, December 2016 issue. Download the Waitose Food app for the full issue
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Dec 01 11:39:00 GMT 2016.
Average user rating