Save to your scrapbook
Griddled chicken, shaved fennel, asparagus, mint & pecorino salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 x packs 2 Waitrose Duchy Organic Free Range British Chicken Breast Fillets
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 fennel bulb
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
25g pack mint leaves, torn
50g aged pecorino
2 ripe avocados, sliced
1. Preheat a griddle pan to hot. Flatten the chicken breasts in between 2 sheets of clingflim with a rolling pin. Season with sea salt and rub with oil.
2. Place the fillets on the griddle to cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through thoroughly with no pink meat. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest.
3. Using a sharp knife thinly slice the fennel, removing the tough core. Shave the asparagus with a potato peeler and toss gently in a large bowl with the fennel.
4. Squeeze over the lemon, toss in the lemon zest and mint, and shave over the pecorino.
5. Pile onto plates with the avocado and top with the chicken, sliced. Serve immediately.
Typical values per serving: