Save to your scrapbook
Grilled bream with grapefruit salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 pink grapefruit
½ tbsp caster sugar
1 ruby gem lettuce, sliced
4 breakfast radishes, trimmed and quartered
1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
Seeds of ½ pomegranate (about 50-75g)
4 sprigs mint, leaves only, shredded
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
75g white, black & red quinoa
2 fillets bream
Vegetable oil, for brushing
20g mixed seeds, toasted
1. Remove the skin and any white pith from the grapefruit with a serrated knife. Then, over a mixing bowl, cut between the membranes to segment the fruit. Squeeze in any remaining juice.
2. Pour the juice into a small saucepan, leaving the segments in the bowl. Add the caster sugar to the juice and warm over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved, then bring to the boil for 1 minute or until thick and syrupy. Set aside.
3. Peel the carrot and then make the remainder into long ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Add to a mixing bowl with the lettuce, radishes and chilli. Pour over the grapefruit syrup (don’t wash the pan). Add the grapefruit segments, pomegranate seeds, mint and olive oil to the salad.
4. Fill the pan used to make the syrup with 200ml of water and the quinoa. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then simmer for 15 minutes, covered until tender and the water has been absorbed.
5. Meanwhile, preheat the grill until hot. Line a baking tray with foil. Brush the bream fillets with vegetable oil and season both sides. Cook, skin-side up, for 6 minutes or until they are cooked through, opaque and flake easily with a fork. Spoon the quinoa onto plates with the salad and fish, then scatter over the mixed seeds before serving.
Typical values per serving:
2 of your 5 a day
This recipe was first published in July 2019.
Average user rating