Save to your scrapbook
Chocolate fondant with white chocolate Grand Marnier sorbet
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
For the chocolate fondant:
115g caster sugar
60g unsalted butter, melted
75g chocolate (70% cocoa), melted
100g plain flour
For the white chocolate and Grand Marnier sorbet:
225g white chocolate
25g liquid glucose
260ml boiling water
35ml Grand Marnier
1/2 vanilla pod
To make the chocolate fondant:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Prepare 4 moulds (ideally ring moulds approximately 7cm in diameter) with parchment paper and space evenly onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the eggs until double in volume and then gradually mix together with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the melted buttern and the chocolate, mixing thoroughly to avoid any lumps forming.
3. Then add the flour. Allow the mix to rest in the fridge for an hour. Then knock back the batter slightly to dispel some of the air and pipe the mixture into your prepared moulds, filling them around ¾ full.
4. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
5. De-mould and serve immediately with a quenelle of the sorbet.
To make the sorbet:
1. Melt together the glucose and the white chocolate. Add the boiling water, vanilla pod seeds then sieve.
2. Add the Grand Marnier to taste and allow to cool. Once cooled, pour into the ice cream machine and churn until set. Freeze for later.