Save to your scrapbook
Margarita tiger prawns, chipotle crema slaw and smoked paprika corn
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
10 Tiger prawns, peeled, head and tail left on
2 Limes, juiced
½ tbsp Olive oil
½ Red chilli, diced
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
Small handful of coriander roots, finely chopped
Chipotle crema slaw:
¼ Small white cabbage, shredded
1 Small carrot, grated
½ Small red onion, finely sliced
1 Lime, juiced
1 ½ tbsp Adobo sauce
1 ½ tbsp Chipotle paste
35g Sour cream
70g Double cream
½ Lime, juiced
Corn on the cobs:
2 Large corn on the cobs, halved
1 tbsp Sunflower oil
50g Unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ tsp Sweet or hot smoked paprika
Pre-heat a chargrill pan over a medium-high heat
1. Combine the tequila, lime juice, olive oil, red chilli, garlic and coriander roots, season with salt. Place the prawns in a bowl and pour over the marinade, allow to marinate for 20 minutes, then remove the prawns. In a small pan cook the remaining marinade until everything has softened, add in the butter and once melted set the sauce aside, keep warm.
2. Mix together the cabbage, carrot and red onion. In another bowl whisk together the adobo sauce, chipotle paste, lime, sour and double cream, season with salt and stir the crema into the veg mix until well coated, you may not need it all.
1. Coat the corn with the sunflower oil, cook in the char-grill pan on all sides, remove the corn and place into a bowl with the butter and smoked paprika, season with salt and keep warm.
2. In the same pan cook the prawns on a high heat, once pink and cooked through pour over marinade sauce.
3. Serve the prawns, slaw and corn together on a large plate and enjoy
Chef tip - Serve alongside extra chopped coriander, slices of lime and fresh red chillis.
This recipe is a Waitrose Cookery School recipes, from our Mexican Fiesta course.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating