Save to your scrapbook
Martha's roasted plum, feta & Israeli couscous salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: 4 as a side dish
½ medium cauliflower, sliced
50ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Caster sugar, for sprinkling
150g Love Life Giant Wholewheat Couscous
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tsp clear honey
½ x 25g pack mint
150g cucumber, halved, seeds removed and sliced
100g feta cheese, crumbledmedium cauliflower, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Arrange the cauliflower on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season well. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender and beginning to brown.
2. Cut the plums into quarters and remove the stones. Place into a roasting tin and sprinkle with pinches of sugar and salt before baking for 15-20 minutes. The outsides should begin to caramelise and they will have released some of their juices, but shouldn’t be shapeless.
3. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into a medium-sized saucepan and heat until the oil is hot. Add the couscous and stir to coat. Cook, stirring often for 2 minutes, or until the grains look toasted and are golden brown in colour. Cover with water and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the couscous is cooked through. Drain and allow to cool.
4. Make the dressing by pouring the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and honey into a small jar. Put the lid on and shake vigorously until well combined. Season to taste.
5. Pour half the dressing over the couscous and stir to coat. Finely chop all but a few leaves of mint, then stir the chopped mint and half the cauliflower into the couscous. Arrange on a serving plate and scatter over the remaining cauliflower, roasted plums, cucumber and feta. Pour the leftover juice from the roasted plums into the dressing and shake to combine, then drizzle over the salad and finish with the reserved mint leaves.
This recipe was first published in September 2019.