Save to your scrapbook
On the Plate's winter pear daiquiri
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
While all Waitrose recipes are tested extensively, we do not test any community or third party recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.
50 ml white rum
1/2 of a ripe Williams pear, sliced
1/2 of a lime
2 strips of orange peel
2 cinnamon sticks
4 lightly crushed cardamom pods
For the syrup
1. Add to a pan 200ml water, 200g sugar, 2 strips of orange peel, 4 cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 peppercorns and 4 lightly crushed cardamom pods.
2. Gently simmer for 10 minutes then leave to steep for 1 hour. Strain into an airtight bottle and keep in the fridge.
For the pear daiquiri
1. Muddle the pear slices and juice from the lime in a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice, then add the measure of rum and simple syrup.
2. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds then double strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Use the back of a spoon to extract all of the juice from the muddled pear into your glass.
3. Garnish with extra pear slices.