Save to your scrapbook
Peach & almond tray cake with cheesecake frosting
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
25g flaked almonds
125g butter, softened
225g caster sugar
4 Waitrose British Blacktail Medium Free Range Eggs, beaten
150ml pot essential Waitrose Soured Cream
50g ground almonds
1/2 tsp almond extract
225g self-raising flour
4 peaches halved, stoned and cut into wedges
For the cheesecake frosting
280g pack full fat soft cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line a 30x20cm Swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the flaked almonds on a separate baking tray and put in the oven to roast for about 3-4 minutes until golden then set aside.
3. Put the butter and caster sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs and soured cream. Stir in the ground almonds, almond extract and flour until well blended. The cake mix will be fairly stiff.
4. Dollop the mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Scatter the peaches over the top, pressing into the mixture gently. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden, and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Place the soft cheese, vanilla extract and icing sugar in a bowl and beat together. Spread over the cooled cake then scatter over the toasted flaked almonds. Serve cut into squares.
If preferred, omit the frosting and simply dust the cake with icing sugar to serve.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in July 2017.