Save to your scrapbook
Pear & candied-pecan ice cream
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 tsp egg white
100g Love Life Pecans
20g demerara sugar
4 Waitrose Perfectly Ripe Pears, peeled, cored and chopped
397g can essential Waitrose Condensed Milk
300ml pot essential Waitrose Double Cream
1. Place the egg white and pecans in a bowl and mix well until the nuts are coated. Sprinkle in the sugar and stir to combine.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the nuts for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice until just beginning to colour. Tip out onto a plate.
3. Add the pears to the hot pan with 125ml water and cook gently for 5 minutes or until softened slightly — you should be able to mash a piece with a fork. Leave to cool completely. Chop the nuts into small pieces and reserve 2 tablespoons.
4. Put the condensed milk and cream in a large bowl and whisk until the mixture just holds its shape. Tip in the cooled pears and nuts and stir well until combined.
5. Transfer to a freezer-proof container or plastic tub and scatter with the reserved nuts. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight until frozen. Transfer to the fridge for 15–30 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in September 2015.