Save to your scrapbook
Prawn & lobster po'boy
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
By Heston Blumenthal
Marinated in a simple, spicy dressing and accompanied by a clever chargrilled coleslaw enhanced with citrussy yuzu juice, these prawn and lobster po’ boys are anything but poor
250g shell on prawns, deveined, or lobster tails or a mix of the two
Waitrose 12 Assorted Mini Rolls, sliced, to serve
½ tbsp coriander seeds
FOR THE MARINADE
2g smoked sweet paprika
0.5g cayenne pepper
20g olive oil
1g lemon zest
8g lemon juice
FOR THE COLESLAW
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into slices approx 2cm thick
90g yuzu juice
½ white cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
1 spring cabbage cut into quarters
1 red onion, peeled and quartered
1 carrot, peeled and cut into quarters lengthwise
25g pack parsley, chopped
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the prawns and lobster, and leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. For the coleslaw, place the slices of apple in a bowl with 20g of the yuzu juice and 20g of water. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Preheat the barbecue, lightly grease then chargrill all the vegetables for the coleslaw on
all sides, with their roots left on. Season lightly with salt during cooking. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, thinly slice the vegetables, then place in a bowl. Add the parsley, drained and chopped apples, mayonnaise and the rest of the yuzu juice. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Season the marinated prawns and lobster with fine salt and black pepper, then grill over the hot barbecue on both sides for about 1-2 minutes for the prawns and 10-12 minutes for the lobster tails, or until pink and opaque. Once cooked, peel the prawns and lobster and slice into bitesize pieces. Set to one side.
5. Shallow fry the coriander seeds for 30 seconds in oil at 180ºC. Strain and reserve. Place the sliced mini rolls cut side down on the grill and toast for a couple of seconds. Place some of the coleslaw into each of the rolls. Add some of the grilled seafood on top and sprinkle over some of the fried coriander seeds.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating