Save to your scrapbook
Salmon fishcakes with spinach & poached eggs
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
by Martha Collison
300g skinless salmon fillet
400g baking potatoes
1 tbsp capers, chopped
½ lemon, juice and zest
2 tbsp mayonnaise
¼ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
100g Cooks’ Ingredients Breadcrumbs
1 British Blacktail Free Range Medium Egg, beaten
50g plain flour
Olive oil, for drizzling
6 poached British Blacktail Free Range Medium Eggs, to serve
Spinach, wilted and buttered, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6 and place the salmon onto a sheet of foil. Form a pouch around the salmon by crimping the foil edges together to make a pasty shape. Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through, the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
2. Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes into small pieces. Boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until tender, then drain and allow to cool slightly before roughly mashing.
3. Tip the mashed potato into a mixing bowl, flake in the salmon and add the capers, lemon juice and zest, mayonnaise and parsley. Stir together, then use your hands to shape into 6 patties. Cover and place into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6 again. Put the breadcrumbs, beaten egg and flour into three separate bowls. Dip each fishcake first into the flour, then coat in egg and finally dip into the breadcrumbs, making sure it has an even coating. Place onto a baking tray and repeat with the remaining patties.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning over halfway, until golden brown all over. Serve with a poached egg (see
p24 for cooking instructions), drizzled with olive oil and some spinach sautéed in butter.
Typical values per serving:
706mg omega 3
This recipe was first published in Thu Mar 25 10:43:27 GMT 2021.