Save to your scrapbook
Salmon, petit pois & tarragon pie
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
6 British Blacktail Large Free Range Eggs
40g plain flour
600ml semi-skimmed milk, plus little extra for brushing
2 x 220g packs Waitrose 1 2 Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Fillets, skinned and diced
150g frozen petit pois (no need to defrost)
115g bag baby spinach, chopped
3 trimmed salad onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
Freshly grated nutmeg
215g Cooks’ Ingredients Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets, defrosted
Flour, for dusting
1. Boil the eggs in a medium pan of boiling water for 10 minutes until hard-boiled.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook over a low heat for 30 seconds. Gradually add the milk, whisking continually over a low heat, until thickened.
3. Drain the eggs and cool under cold running water. Tip the hot sauce into a large mixing bowl, then add the salmon, petit pois, spinach, onion and tarragon. Season well with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
4. Peel the eggs, then chop them and stir into the fish mixture. Tip the mixture into a 1.7L ovenproof dish.
5. Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 14 long strips. Brush with milk and arrange in a lattice on top of the pie
(you can make the strips different widths and twist some if you like, weaving them under and over each other). Bake the pie for 25-30 minutes until bubbling.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in May 2019.
Average user rating