Save to your scrapbook
Salted popcorn caramel cupcakes
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
100g Flora Buttery
100g Waitrose Golden Caster Sugar
2 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
100g self-raising flour
250g Butter, softened
500g icing sugar
Salted popcorn, popped according to pack instructions
Waitrose Seriously Buttery Caramel Dipping Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Line a 12-hole cake tin with 12 paper cases.
2. Whisk the Flora Buttery with the sugar until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time until combined. Fold in the flour and spoon into the paper cases.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool on a rack.
4. To make the butter icing, use an electronic mixer and beat the butter for 2 minutes.
5. Gradually add the icing sugar and once all of it has been incorporated, beat on maximum speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. This will take around 5 minutes.
6. Place a star shaped nozzle onto a piping bag and, using a spatula, transfer the buttercream inside the piping bag. The buttercream is now ready for piping.
7. Follow the instructions on the popcorn packet to pop the corn. Once cooled, pipe your icing onto the cupcakes. Carefully roll each iced cupcake in the popcorn until fully covered. Finish with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Average user rating