Save to your scrapbook
Halloween Sausage Rolls
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Try this fun recipe and get the kids involved for the perfect Halloween treat.
1 small leek
1 tbsp olive oil
450g pack Waitrose British Gourmet Pork Sausagemeat Stuffing
2 tbsp sesame seeds
430g (2x215g) pack Cooks’ Ingredients Puff Pastry Sheets,defrosted
Plain flour for rolling
1/4 red pepper or handful of black pitted olives, cut into tiny pieces
1 medium Waitrose Columbian Blacktail Egg
2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Thinly slice the leek. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the leek for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Tip the leeks into a large bowl and add the sausage meat and sesame seeds. Mix well together.
3. On a lightly floured surface, open out the pastry sheets and cut each in half lengthways to give 4 long strips. Quarter the sausage mixture and position down the centre of each strip. Dampen the edges with a little water then roll up to seal.
4. Lay the rolls sealed-side down then cut each into 4 lengths. Pinch the top of each sausage roll together at the top then snip the bottom of each one in a zig-zag pattern to make a ghost-like outline. Make 2 holes at the top and push in tiny pieces of red pepper or olives for the eyes.
5. Place on 2 large parchment-lined baking sheets and chill for 30 minutes if you have time.
6. Beat together the egg and milk and brush over the sausage rolls. Bake for 20–25 minutes until puffed and golden. Cool a little before serving.
Typical values per serving: