Save to your scrapbook
Strawberry & ginger tart
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
500g Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry Block
Flour, for dusting
100ml Belvoir Ginger Cordial
FOR THE FILLING
250ml Waitrose Seriously Creamy Madagascan Vanilla Custard
2 tsp cornflour
600g strawberries, hulled
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to the thickness of a pound coin then use it to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill for half an hour until firm.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10-15 minutes, remove the beans and paper and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden. Place on a wire rack to cool.
3. Pour the cordial into a small pan, bring to the boil, then cook for 2-3 minutes until reduced to a sticky syrup. Use to generously brush over the pastry case, reserving the remaining syrup.
4. Whisk the custard and cornflour together in a pan over a medium heat. Slowly bring to the boil then cook for 3 minutes, whisking constantly. Pour into the pastry case, leave to cool slightly then arrange the strawberries on top.
5. Brush the strawberries with the syrup then transfer the tart to the fridge for one hour before turning out and serving.
Typical values per serving: