Save to your scrapbook
Vegan 'creamy' roasted cauliflower
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
The panko breadcrumbs add a lovely texture to this warming dish.
Serves: 4 - 6
2 cauliflowers, cut into florets
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tsp ground cumin
1 butternut squash, approx. 1.2 kg, halved and deseeded
3-4 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ -1 tsp chilli flakes
240ml Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients vegetable stock
240ml coconut milk
50g Panko breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 190 ̊C, gas mark 5. On a baking sheet, place the squash cut side down and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, place the cauliflower florets onto a large roasting tray and drizzle with the 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Sprinkle with the ground cumin, salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the florets. Once ready remove from the oven and leave to cool. The florets should still be slightly raw at this stage.
3. Once the butternut squash is ready, remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Scrape the flesh from the skin and transfer to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Transfer the blended squash to a saucepan and add the Dijon mustard, chilli flakes, vegetable stock and coconut milk. Cook this until the mixture thickens. This will take about 10 minutes. The reduced mixture should taste tangy and not too sweet. Add more Dijon mustard to make the sauce tangier.
5. Place the cauliflower into an ovenproof serving dish and pour over the sauce. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe from the Waitrose & Partners Cookery School. Click here to find out more.
This recipe was first published in November 2018.
Average user rating