Terms and conditions of attending the Waitrose Summer Festival
On 18, 19 and 20 August 2017, Waitrose Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number 00099405 and our registered office is at 171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN) (we, us, our) will be holding the Waitrose Summer Festival, an event at which you can sample selected foods and drinks which we offer at our stores, as well as participate in a number of activities (the Festival).
By booking and/or attending the Festival (including where the Festival is booked by someone else on your behalf), you are an Attendee of the Festival. Please read these terms carefully, these terms set out the conditions applicable to the Festival, which include, among other things, how the Attendee or we may change or end the contract (paragraphs 8 to 10 and 11), how Attendee details may be used (paragraphs 2 to 19) and a limit on Waitrose’s liability to Attendees (paragraphs 22 to 24).
Please direct any questions, or any subsequent issues, to:
Waitrose Head Office
Southern Industrial Area
Or email, email@example.com
- Attendees are responsible for ensuring that the details they submit to us (e.g. on the registration form) are correct and up to date, and must notify us if they change by contacting us as soon as possible on the details set out above.
- We may process any personal data about Attendees that is submitted to us (including name and contact details) to:
- execute payment, administer the Festival, to provide information about the Festival, or otherwise organise the Festival;
- in the case of emergency an Attendees’ medical information, allow medical assistance to be given to the Attendee;
- keep you up-to-date with a range of products and services provided by us and the John Lewis Partnership including John Lewis, Waitrose and John Lewis Financial Services. This may include news of special events, promotions, product launches and catalogues; and
- seek feedback on the Festival.
- The booking process for the Festival is facilitated by The Way Ahead Group Limited (trading as SEE) a company registered in England and Wales with company number 3554468 with the registered office at Norfolk House, 47 Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AB. Your personal information will be processed by SEE and any subsequent supplier of these services. Your personal information will be processed by SEE and any subsequent providers of these services only in accordance with our instructions and in compliance with data protection legislation.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. All amounts quoted are inclusive of VAT.
- Attendees which are children under the age of 3yrs will be able to attend the Festival for free. However, you must still book a ticket for these Attendees. If you fail to do so, we reserve the right to refuse you entry into the Festival.
Booking and Availability
- Bookings for the Festival must be made online at waitrose.com/summerfestival. Places for the Festival are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We do not guarantee anyone a place at the Festival or for any of the Activities (as detailed at paragraph 11).
- Attendees will not be eligible or entitled to attend/participate in the Festival until a booking has been completed in full and submitted and full payment has been received by us.
Cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to cancel the Festival for any reason. If we do so, we will endeavour to give Attendees reasonable notice, to the contact details provided on registration, and Attendees will receive a full refund of the ticket fee the Attendee paid for the Festival. We will not be responsible for any other loss or expense incurred in association with attending the Festival.
Cancellations by you
- If an Attendee no longer wishes to, or is unable to, attend the Festival for any reason they will not be entitled to a refund of the amount paid for attendance at the Festival nor will we be responsible for any other loss or expense incurred in association with attending the Festival.
- If you cannot attend an event, you can transfer your place to another individual. Places can be transferred at any time up to and including the day of the event. Please note an additional charge may be applicable if the new attendee is not entitled to the same rate.
- At the Festival, Attendees will be offered the opportunity to sign up for events, demonstrations, classes and other activities that will be held during the day, for example yoga classes and cookery demonstrations (the “Activities”). Places for the Activities are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We do not guarantee anyone a place at the Activities. We may request payment of an additional fee to take part in certain of the Activities on the day (the “Activity Fee”). Activities may be cancelled and any cancellation will be communicated to you at the Festival. These terms and conditions apply to any Activity you participate in during the Festival. If an Activity is cancelled on the day and we have already charged you for the Activity Fee we will refund you the Activity Fee.
- Whilst we will endeavour to provide the Festival and any Activities in accordance with our promotional materials, we reserve the right to make changes to the Festival and any Activities, including but not limited to, the line-up at the Festival of celebrities, chefs and other people scheduled to appear at the Festival. Any material changes to the advertised Festival or Activities will be communicated to you at the Festival, or sooner if necessary.
- We do not provide any other promises or warranties about any Festival.
If Attendees take part in any Activities during the Festival, the following shall apply:
a) Attendees may be requested to enter into a disclaimer or additional terms and conditions before taking part in an Activity. Participation in an Activity will be subject to Attendees having read and signed the disclaimer and/or additional terms and conditions as required;
b) Attendees’ participation in the Activities will be subject to the terms of any such disclaimer or additional specific terms and conditions, as well as these terms and conditions;
c) Attendees must arrive at least 10 minutes before any Activities are due to start at the advertised location of the Activity. Attendees who are late may not be permitted to join the Activity. We reserve the right to give the spot of a latecomer to someone else;
d) Attendees must comply with any instructions given to them including by our representatives or by the person running the Activity;
e) Attendees must wear appropriate clothing for the Activities;
f) Attendees must maintain a reasonable standard of behaviour during the Activities, including (where appropriate) a reasonable standard of cleanliness and safety;
g) if Attendees participate in a yoga class at the Festival Attendees understand that the classes are not tailored for specific Attendees’ health, medical or physical conditions (for instance, back injuries) and so may not be suitable for everyone. Attendees should familiarise themselves with what is involved before booking a place at any Activity:
- we are not able to assess whether Attendees are sufficiently fit, healthy and able to participate in such Activities or may be adversely affected by doing so. Attendees must ensure that they are sufficiently fit, healthy and able to participate in such Activities;
- subject to receiving prior medical advice where necessary, yoga classes can be tailored to pregnancy. If this is required, please let the instructor know in advance of the Activity;
- Attendees must advise the instructor, before participating in such Activities, of any health, medical or physical condition that may be adversely affected and/or be exacerbated by participating in the Activity. It is the responsibility of Attendees to inform the instructor if they are experiencing any pain or discomfort during the Activity; and
- Attendees should consult with their GP or other health professional before the Activity if they have any such health, medical or physical conditions or any concerns about the suitability of the Activity or whether they are sufficiently fit, healthy and able to participate in the Activity.
h) if an Attendee attends any cookery classes at the Festival, Attendees agree to:
- wear shoes with flat soles and covered toes;
- tie back long hair; and
- attend a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the course and adhere to the health and safety requirements set out in the handout which is given during the briefing.
- We will not supervise, or provide lockers or other secure storage, for the personal property of Attendees. Attendees are expected to look after their own personal property during the Festival.
- Attendees must not bring any of the following items into the Festival [Strictly prohibited; alcohol, disposable barbecues, glass, cans, opened plastic bottles of drinks and drink bottles, firearms, lazers, illegal substances, audio recorders, unauthorised film equipment, megaphones, airhorns, fireworks, flares, chinese lanterns, any item that could be considered for use as a weapon (e.g. knives and razors), animals (other than registered guide or hearing dogs), sound systems, drones, aerosols over 250ml. All of the above items will be confiscated.
- Attendees must during the Festival and whilst participating in any Activities: (i) comply with all health and safety, security and other requirements notified to them (including any requirements on the registration form); (ii) obey all instructions given by any of our representatives and/or the person/instructor holding the Activity; and (iii) act responsibly and maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour.
- If an Attendee is refused admission to, or asked to leave, the Festival or any Activity, they must do so promptly and without disturbing other Attendees. Attendees that are refused admission or asked to leave will not be entitled to a refund nor will we be responsible for any other loss or expense incurred in association with attending the Festival.
Photographs and imagery
- The Festival may be recorded and videos, photographs and other recordings may be taken, where you may be captured participating in the Festival. You agree to the publication of such photographs, videos, recordings and/or likenesses of you (whether edited, adapted, modified or copied) and their use by us and those authorised by us, without prior notice or compensation, in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including but not limited to film, broadcast, radio, TV, publications, future events and publicity. You acknowledge that we have the full right to sell and/or profit from the commercial use of such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses of you.
- Any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Festival or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be published or used for any commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
- Attendees may be refused admission to, or be asked to leave, the Festival or any Activity at any time if: (i) they fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions or any instructions of our representatives or any person/instructor holding an Activity; (ii) they are rude, offensive or disruptive; (iii) they have consumed excessive amounts of alcohol or non-prescription drugs (in the sole discretion of our representatives); and / or (iv) the person/instructor holding the Activity, or any of our representatives (acting reasonably), considers it appropriate.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We accept no responsibility for the loss of, theft, or damage to any property owned by or under the control of you which you bring to the Venue. You are solely and personally responsible for the safety of your belongings.
- We will not have any liability to Attendees for: (i) accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of other Attendees attending the Festival or any stallholders at the Festival; (ii) any loss of income, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or loss of contracts; (iii) any indirect or consequential loss or damage that Attendees may suffer as a result of our breach of these terms and conditions or negligence or otherwise; (iv) any loss or damage caused due to an Attendees’ failure to follow the instructions provided by the instructor; or (v) any damage which occurs to clothing.
Complaints and disputes
- If you wish to make a complaint, you may do so by contacting us on the details set out above. If after following our internal complaints procedure you still feel that we have not satisfactorily resolved your complaint, then (providing you are acting as a consumer and not as a business in the course of your trade or profession) you can access the Online Dispute Resolution platform by following this link.